Relish Networks plc trading as Keysurf and Media Force is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Relish Networks plc trading as Keysurf or Media Force, of University Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18 0ES.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.rnplc.net (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, other data from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services, for example now and again we may ask you to fill in a questionnaire.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Relish Networks plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers using industry standard methods ensuring data is safeguarded. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at University Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18 0ES or email at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you and you make a subject access request to us, we will:
(a) give you a description of it;
(b) tell you why we are holding it;
(c) tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
(d) let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to us for any of your personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing, addressing it to our Data Protection Officer at the address provided below. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address provided below.
Data Protection Officer
Relish Networks plc
Staffordshire Technology Park
Stafford, ST18 0ES
1. What cookies are
Cookies are tiny data files that some websites place on your computer or other device when you visit. They’re used on many websites, including on this one www.rnplc.net (our site).
Cookies are commonly used by websites to remember some aspect of your current or previous visit. This could include things like the choices you’ve made or preferences you’ve chosen during your visit. Websites commonly do this in order to improve or tailor your current and future visits to that site or other related sites.
One example may be when you visit a site that you have been to before, that site may use a cookie to check what information you’ve looked at previously to get an idea of the topics that may be of interest to you.
The information stored in a cookie can only be read by the website that placed the cookie or other sites that it has agreed to share information with.
2. Our policy on cookies
- Store details that help you to manage accounts and policies online, such as user login details
- Find out how people use our site, such as how often they visit, which pages they go to, and which links they click on, so that we can improve it
- Help us to provide relevant information, such as details of products, services and other information that you may be interested in
Please see below for the list of cookies used on our site.
Types of cookies used
We use two types of cookies on our site:
- Session cookies – these are cookies that are only stored while you are visiting our site
- Persistent cookies – these are cookies that are stored until an expiry date set by the website or in your browser.
Cookies used for transactions and forms
Some of the pages on our site contain transaction areas, such as forms, ordering areas and surveys. These areas all need cookies to function.
We’ve listed the cookies that we use for these areas below.
Detailed information on the cookies used on our site
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and we ensure that we meet the new regulations on cookies in full.
The cookies that we use are as follows:
Full details of cookies used:
|Name of cookie||Type of cookie||Expiry period||Reason for use of cookie||Level of privacy/tracking|
|_utma||Persistent||2 years||This cookie provides anonymous information to help us further improve the Site. Individual users are never identified.||Creates a persistent ID to track visitors across multiple visits.|
|_utmb||Session||30 mins from set/update||This cookie provides anonymous information to help us further improve the Site. Individual users are never identified.||This cookie tracks the pages a user visits within the Site.|
|_utmz||Persistent||6 months from set/update||This cookie provides anonymous information to help us further improve the Site. Individual users are never identified.||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach the Site.|
4. How to turn off cookies
You can turn off cookies in your browser settings. If you do turn them off, it’s important to remember that you may not be able to use all the functionality/services on our site.
You can find out more about turning off cookies at the independent website allaboutcookies.org.